Exceptional detached beach-front home from the end of the 19th Century.
This truly exceptional property has been renovated to the highest possible standard and provides grand period living right on the beach with numerous terraces, private garden, parking and wonderful views. Undoubtedly, the very best beach villa property in this part of Southern France.
1,045m2 (11,248 sq. ft.) of land with 607m2 (6,533 sq. ft.) of indoor living space and 400m2 (4,305 sq. ft.) of outdoor patios, verandas and terraces.
The house benefits a spectacular double volume entrance hall, private study, grand triple reception room, two dining rooms and a refrigerated wine cellar. Additionally there is a TV room, spa/sauna and off street parking for 4 cars. The master bedroom suite enjoys far reaching views across the Mediterranean as well as a dressing room and private bathroom. There are 4 further principal bedrooms (all ensuite). The garden is large, level and mostly laid to terraces and lawn interspersed with Mediterranean shrubs, trees and palms; there is space to install an outdoor swimming pool if required.
The property has direct access to the beach as it is only separated from the lawn by an open park and pedestrian walkway.
- Off street parking for four cars.
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and dressing room.
- Four further bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms.
- Large, open-plan reception.
- Drawing room.
- Formal dining room.
- Kitchen/Breakfast room.
- Children’s TV/games room.
- All rooms tastefully furnished.
- 151m2 of private sea view terraces.
- Sauna and spa.
- Garden with play area and terraces.
- Direct beach access.
Designed by Viggo-Dorph Petersen, renown 19th/20th Century Danish architect characterised by his Belle-Époque style and the work he performed for local industrialist Joseph Bardou. L’Oasis was commissioned in 1898 to serve as the Bardou family’s beach house. It was one of the first, and by far the grandest, of the villas that were built here on the beach. At that time, several other wealthy French families also built villas here, all taking advantage of this unique French landscape offering direct access to a sandy Mediterranean beach.
The property has an interesting history, in the late 1930’s, Salvador Dali and his wife Gala were regular guests.
In 2007, the property was purchased by the current owners and lavishly renovated with the assistance of local contemporary architect Alain Marty whose brief was to restore the house to its’ historical grandeur while incorporating the modern conveniences of a luxury home, a challenge he met and exceeded with aplomb. The works were completed in 2010.
The house is within 400m of the shops, restaurants and transport facilities, including the yacht marina, of Port Argelès.
- Perpignan airport (34km);
- Montpellier airport (190km);
- Barcelona airport (200km).